Project Warlords
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Project Warlords

welcome to our server

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Teleportation pads or teleporter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
modafoquer

modafoquer

World Teleportation pads or teleporter Empty
PostSubject: World Teleportation pads or teleporter   World Teleportation pads or teleporter Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 7:06 am

since its a high rate server i think you should consider walking is not proper for a HR server... it would be cool a teleporter npc @ starting villages, main cities... linking to areas/intances and other cities
Back to top Go down
nosferhatu
Admin
nosferhatu

PostSubject: Re: World Teleportation pads or teleporter   World Teleportation pads or teleporter Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 6:36 pm

modafoquer wrote:
since its a high rate server i think you should consider walking is not proper for a HR server... it would be cool a teleporter npc @ starting villages, main cities... linking to areas/intances and other cities
A teleporter will not be added because that will make the server funserver .
Back to top Go down
https://projectwarlords.forumotion.net
Boss

Boss

PostSubject: Re: World Teleportation pads or teleporter   World Teleportation pads or teleporter Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 3:43 am

i agree with the gm's...teleport npc would make the game too much easy...and me and my guild friend worked hard to get our items...you lose all the game fun time when everything is handed to you
Back to top Go down
DJDieSeL

DJDieSeL

PostSubject: Re: World Teleportation pads or teleporter   World Teleportation pads or teleporter Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 4:51 am

there are a nubmer of things that influence our gameplay and our satisfaction from it. A key element that i learned from 3 years of WoW servers is that no matter the server (blizz, high-rate or funserver) it MUST have consistency and be a smooth transition from one area to another.

The fact that we have no intention for vendors makes teleporters immediately obsolete. It is generous enough that we have all city portals in capitals cheers I would like to comment a bit on the rates though. Even with 100X gold and 30X blue item drop rates, the EXP is disproportionate to this. Almost everybody complained about not having enough money and gold @ lvl 80. Now there are two ways to view this issue:

1) The player is always right:
If it is so easy to get to 80 why is it so hard to come by loot and gold? rates for the others should be higher!

2) The player is not putting any effort for what he wants:
Picking instant quests instead of a dungeon quest means you only get EXP... if you would do dungeon quest, you would get the both EXP, drop loot and quest loot and quest + boss money to help you in your leveling.

I think option #2 makes more sense.

A option would be to lower the EXP rate to lets say 75X or for ppl to stop rushing lvls and skipping on loot opportunities. It is almost funserver mentality to get to lvl 80 ASAP and jump into a raid.

I know most ppl dont have interest in the "old" content, but Blizzard does put importance on it. So sooner or later you will have to go to something a bit more low lvl and build up from there. I will post a guide on how to get geared up once around 70~80.
Back to top Go down
Boss

Boss

PostSubject: Re: World Teleportation pads or teleporter   World Teleportation pads or teleporter Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 5:57 am

i don't think money is hard to get...people are just lazy....i have atm on my char about 20k gold ...and i already given away about the same amount lol
Back to top Go down
modafoquer

modafoquer

PostSubject: Re: World Teleportation pads or teleporter   World Teleportation pads or teleporter Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 6:51 am

DJDieSeL wrote:
there are a nubmer of things that influence our gameplay and our satisfaction from it. A key element that i learned from 3 years of WoW servers is that no matter the server (blizz, high-rate or funserver) it MUST have consistency and be a smooth transition from one area to another.

The fact that we have no intention for vendors makes teleporters immediately obsolete. It is generous enough that we have all city portals in capitals cheers I would like to comment a bit on the rates though. Even with 100X gold and 30X blue item drop rates, the EXP is disproportionate to this. Almost everybody complained about not having enough money and gold @ lvl 80. Now there are two ways to view this issue:

1) The player is always right:
If it is so easy to get to 80 why is it so hard to come by loot and gold? rates for the others should be higher!

2) The player is not putting any effort for what he wants:
Picking instant quests instead of a dungeon quest means you only get EXP... if you would do dungeon quest, you would get the both EXP, drop loot and quest loot and quest + boss money to help you in your leveling.

I think option #2 makes more sense.

A option would be to lower the EXP rate to lets say 75X or for ppl to stop rushing lvls and skipping on loot opportunities. It is almost funserver mentality to get to lvl 80 ASAP and jump into a raid.

I know most ppl dont have interest in the "old" content, but Blizzard does put importance on it. So sooner or later you will have to go to something a bit more low lvl and build up from there. I will post a guide on how to get geared up once around 70~80.

my point of view is: We level faster than we loot, since there are many instant quests and not all of them give you money rewards , and even if it does that does not pass 10 - 15G, so once you get to level 80 you will not be geared, and you will not have cash on you, at least not enough to buy your skills (well thats what happened to me)... due to what Nosf said about the fun server i am reconsidering my opinion on putting Teleport NPC, the portals are just fine, but still if you can't afford riding skills and mounts it gets a little hard to get to locations to loot gold, and if i get there i would not have enough skills to survive for a long time, i am a level 80 Tauren Druid and still don't have all skills and any riding skills due the charge of learning them, well its just a matter of time and hard work i know, but im sure not all players think like me. but anyways im excited to play again. hope everything gets fixed by tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Teleportation pads or teleporter   World Teleportation pads or teleporter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Teleportation pads or teleporter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Warlords :: Suggestions-
Jump to: